Duration: One-day Cost: £90 Ratio: 3 to 1
Target: New riders with basic skills or returning riders perhaps on a new bike or after a long break
Requirements: Full licence, own bike, own equipment
RideSafe Training Advanced Skills Level 2, is the second, in a series of three courses. The course provides in-depth rider training teaches techniques and procedures progressively further advanced than the DAS course. In this level 2 course, the skills taught will transform your riding. If you want to continue to our level 3 course, level 2 must have already been completed unless you have undertaken a riding assessment by one of our advanced instructors.
The Level 2 course consists of activities that target personal risk management, self-assessment strategies and on-bike exercises with an emphasis on cornering, braking and avoidance.
The course comprises a number of the following:
Advanced slow riding and deliberate positioning skills
· learn the control and develop the confidence and ability to deliberately place your motorcycle when slow manoeuvring and dealing with tight spaces
Cornering and turning at speed including counter-steer using our 6 lane runway and connecting roads:
· Learn the theory and practical application of motorcycle steering
· Learn how body positioning and other steering techniques can influence a motorcycle’s direction
Safe overtaking theory and on-site group practice using our 6 lane runway and connecting roads the theory and practical aspects of overtaking can be covered in a safe and predictable environment.
· Learn how to plan ‘ the principles of safe overtaking from Roadcraft’s system
· Learn how best to use your following position, speed, choice of gears and safe acceleration